Ahmed S Hariri
Director, Regional Office, Kuala Lumpur
Islamic Development Bank
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Could you provide a brief journey of how you arrived where you are today?
Upon completion, I returned to the headquarters in Jeddah as Director, Office of the President of the IDB Group. Two years later I was appointed to my current position of Director of the Regional Office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
What does your role involve?
What is your greatest achievement to date?
Which of your products/services deliver the best results?
What are the strengths of your business?
• One of the most successful institutions in the OIC that has helped promote intra OIC cooperation.
• Staff strength of more than 850 professionals from 36 countries.
What are the factors contributing to the success of your company?
• Dedicated staff and management
• Prudent and transparent way of doing business
• International affiliation and partnerships with specialized organizations
What are the obstacles faced in running your business today?
• Centralized decision making process at the headquarters
• Rapid changes in global economies.
Where do you see the Islamic finance industry, maybe in the next five years?
Name one thing you would like to see change in the world of Islamic finance?
The purpose of the Bank is to foster the economic development and social progress of member countries and Muslim communities individually as well as jointly in accordance with the principles of Shariah.
The present membership of the Bank consists of 56 countries. The basic condition for membership is that the prospective member country should be a member of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, pay its contribution to the capital of the Bank and be willing to accept such terms and conditions as may be decided upon by the IDB Board of Governors.