Closing date for submissions: Thursday 22nd December 2011
We are pleased to announce the launch of the Islamic Finance news Deals of the Year Awards for 2011.
Islamic Finance news, the global Islamic finance news provider, is categorically recognized as the industry’s leading publication and authority on the Islamic banking and finance industry. With a world-wide readership in excess of 21,000 industry practitioners and regulators, the Islamic Finance news Deals of the Year Awards offer its winners a truly global audience and a phenomenal vehicle in which to reach ones clients, potential clients and peers.
There are 17 global categories at stake this year, in addition to the individual country awards.
Below is the full list of categories for which accolades will be awarded. Individual deals may be nominated for more than one category. However, only one deal per category. Submission guidelines and a list of criteria are also provided.
Awards will be presented to the Issuers, Lead Arrangers and Counsels in February 2012.
- Deal of the Year
- Best Country Deals*
- Cross Border
- Best Corporate Finance
- Most Innovative
- Initial Public Offering
- Murabahah / Trade Finance
- Project Finance
- Real Estate
- Structured Finance
- Syndicated Finance
* Country accolades will be awarded to those countries which have witnessed a minimum of three non-private placements during the calendar year. Verification may be required of these transactions.
- Submissions must be no more than two pages in length, in bullet format
- State clearly at the top of the deal page, which categories that particular deal is being nominated for. If it is not clearly stated it will not be considered.
- Please mark ‘Confidential’ if certain information should not be published
- Only one submission per category (Individual deals may be nominated for more than one category)
- Only those deals which were closed after the 1st January 2011 will be considered
- Only those deals which have been completed may be submitted
- Submissions to be provided in soft format in either excel, word or PDF format
- Closing date for submissions: Thursday 22nd December 2011
- Deals which close between the 22nd December and the 31st December 2011 may be submitted up to and including Saturday the 31st December 2011
- All submissions should be emailed exclusively to: Andrew.Morgan@REDmoneyGroup.com
- Results will be announced in the Wednesday 4th January 2012 issue of Islamic Finance news
Submissions criteria to include the following (where applicable): Instrument, Issuer, Issuer principal activities, Issue size & Pricing, Date, Issuances, Bookrunner, Arrangers, Legal counsel for issuer, Legal counsel for arrangers, Guarantor, Trustee, Shariah advisor, Method of issue, Purpose of issue, Rating, Road-shows, Subscription, Investors, Time, and a short brief on why this deal is being nominated
The decision of the "Awards Committee” is final. A short brief will be published for each award providing the committee’s reasoning. All criteria of the submitted deals will be considered.
Dubai and Kuala Lumpur will again provide the backdrop for the award ceremonies. Over 700 key industry participants and regulators attended these events in 2011. Further details will be available following the announcement of the winners in January 2012.
- Kuala Lumpur: 15th February 2012
- Dubai: 29th February 2012
If you have any questions regarding the submission of your deals then please contact me directly.
Managing Director & Publisher
Islamic Finance news
Tel: +60 3 2162 7800
Tel: +60 3 2162 7810